Homeschool Creations

Friday, July 16, 2010

Preschool Corner ~ Vacation Time!!

This week we were minus two kids since both girls went to camp for the week…leaving us with only two boys to keep occupied.

We went swimming. A lot. We played. A lot. Rode bikes. Took walks. Built with legos {because Grandma has oh.so.many legos…and just relaxed.

Here’s just a quick picture look at our week.

We brought along Kaleb’s Strider bike. He is doing amazing balancing and we’re thinking that when we get home he might be ready to try a bike with pedals and ride. He’s about worn the bottoms of his Crocs off this week…but he LOVES his bike!

Strider Bike

The zip-line at the park was a big hit ~ and this picture just makes me want to poke his little belly button!

zip line

A nearby zoo had a ‘touch and see’ area, so Kaleb had fun playing with a turtle shell and examining it. 

turtle shell

He loved the salamanders…{at least I think that’s what they were}.

 salamander salamander

Kaleb wasn’t quite sure what to think about the turkeys on the loose…

turkeys

This picture just cracks me up because to his left was a huge cage with a bobcat in it…but he was completely engrossed with the ants crawling around on the sidewalk and oblivious to the animals.

ant watching 

Ready to Link Up?

Share what you are doing with your kids! Please link your exact blog post to the Mr. Linky below and link back here too! The updated guidelines can be found here if you need them.
 

Jolanthe Signature affiliate button

Labels:

12 Comments:

  • I really want to get Robbie some sort of balance bike, but I need to find the most affordable one out there. Any suggestions? (I'm a bellybutton poker, too!)

    By Blogger RockerMom, At July 16, 2010 at 6:21 AM  

  • Looks like a fun week! I love situations where a child can see and touch things as a mean of learning.

    Thanks so much for providing a place to link up. :)

    Warmly,
    Mari-Ann

    By Blogger Counting Coconuts, At July 16, 2010 at 7:44 AM  

  • I can see the boys had a lot of fun. So the ants won out over the bobcats, that is hilarious but sounds like a kid!

    By Blogger Debbie, At July 16, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

  • The turkey picture cracks me up! It reminds me of an incident that we had with some over zealous geese! LOL! Looks like a fun time!

    By Blogger momma Skyla, At July 16, 2010 at 11:55 AM  

  • Hi, I found your blog when I searched for how to do a "grab button code" to put on my blog...so thanks for that! This post here was fun for me to read...brought back fond memories of when my 2 boys were that little, and yes, my oldest would have ignored the bobcat in the cage to watch the ant at work, too, LOL!!!

    I'm Lori, mom to 2 boys now 18 and almost 17; we've homeschooled since the oldest was in 4th grade, and he's starting college this fall (whew!). The years go by so quickly. Anyway, I've just finished transferring my blog posts from HSB to Blogger, and I think the new blog here is ready...so stop in anytime! I'll look forward to learning more about your family, and connecting here at this new "home"!

    Blessings,
    IllinoisLori at Plans4You
    Home of "Thursday Talkin' About Teenagers"
    http://www.illinoislori.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Illinois Lori, At July 16, 2010 at 3:57 PM  

  • It looks like such a great vacation. Enjoy your time with your family!

    By Blogger Natalie PlanetSmarty, At July 16, 2010 at 4:07 PM  

  • I love your ideas and your blog. I gave you the versatile blog award.

    By Blogger Fun Frugal Mommy, At July 18, 2010 at 2:39 PM  

  • The picture of Kaleb with the turkeys freaks me out a little. Those have to be the ugliest birds ever and they are soooooo big!

    By Blogger Unknown, At July 20, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

  • I have a little girl and I want her to experience that kind of enjoyment. I want her to try all those activities. I know that she will enjoy everything. That boy is just so active.

    By Anonymous cribs, At August 19, 2010 at 7:07 AM  

  • An award waits for you on my blog ;) : http://laventuredemietlou.blogspot.com/2010/07/prix-blogger-exceptionnel.html

    By Anonymous Lysalys, At December 15, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

  • It looks like such a great vacation. Enjoy your time with your family!

    By Anonymous Raising a Happy Child, At December 15, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

  • Hi, I found your blog when I searched for how to do a "grab button code" to put on my blog...so thanks for that! This post here was fun for me to read...brought back fond memories of when my 2 boys were that little, and yes, my oldest would have ignored the bobcat in the cage to watch the ant at work, too, LOL!!!

    I'm Lori, mom to 2 boys now 18 and almost 17; we've homeschooled since the oldest was in 4th grade, and he's starting college this fall (whew!). The years go by so quickly. Anyway, I've just finished transferring my blog posts from HSB to Blogger, and I think the new blog here is ready...so stop in anytime! I'll look forward to learning more about your family, and connecting here at this new "home"!

    Blessings,
    IllinoisLori at Plans4You
    Home of "Thursday Talkin' About Teenagers"
    http://www.illinoislori.blogspot.com

    By Anonymous IllinoisLori, At December 15, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home