Homeschool Creations

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Coming This July…{and a goal for this month}

An introduction {and thank you} to our sponsors…

image You’ll be seeing a LOT more about Homeschool in the Woods this year. We’ll be using their Time Travelers units as part of our studies, but they have some amazing maps and timelines too!

imageDisciple Like Jesus is a book that strives to equip and encourage parents in following Jesus' method in discipling their children ~ and enjoying the blessings of children. Be sure to look at their online resources too.

My ‘to post’ list for the month of July…

Here are a few of the posts I have brewing for the month of July. There will be other things too, but this is just a peek.

~ Lesson plans for Brazil, Chile and Peru {more if I can squeeze it in!}

~ Our curriculum choices for the upcoming year

~ A wonderful giveaway from Guidecraft {it’s BIG!!}

~ Our revised {and improved for us} workbox plan with printables

~ Printables for First Language Lessons Level 3

My Goal for the month of July…

I have a seemingly small goal for this month. It may not seem like much, but it’s something I keep putting off even though my kids want to do it.

Go rollerskating.

I know, it seems simple. We have coupons to go. The kids keep begging…and yet I hold back. This month, I’m strapping on a pair of skates and planning to put some unused muscles to work.

What’s one thing that you really want to do this month?

Jolanthe Signature affiliate button

Labels:

14 Comments:

  • I am interested to see how you like Homeschool in the Wood's Units because I am thinking about using them when we get to that time period. We are at the Middle Ages now.

    By Blogger Phyllis, At July 3, 2010 at 8:24 AM  

  • Rollerskating?! You're brave! I used to go as a teen, but you couldn't pay me enough to put skates now! Tell your kids I said they're lucky to have you!

    By Blogger Heidi, At July 3, 2010 at 8:37 AM  

  • I have had "Disciple Like Jesus" on my wish list for a while. I really need to purchase it and add it to my stack of books to read.

    Also, I spent 10 days in Peru last summer on a mission trip. I have a lot of neat pictures if you're interested in sharing them. Here's a portion of the pics I uploaded on my Picasa Web album.

    http://picasaweb.google.com/nikkit3/NikkiSPeruPhotos#

    By Blogger Nikki, At July 3, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

  • Good for you!! I love to rollerblade but now that my youngest is four and feels that he's too big to ride in the jogger stroller, I've come to a horrifying realization. I can't stop! I've relied for years on the squeeze brake on the handle of the jogger stroller. I guess I could jump into the grass - that usually stops you but is sometimes dangerous and usually embarrassing. Maybe that will be MY goal for July!

    By Blogger Valerie, At July 3, 2010 at 10:24 AM  

  • Rollerskating brings back such memories. I should find a rink around here. I can't wait to see your workbox ideas, ever since you said you were revamping them I have been not so patiently waiting for you to post on them. :) I am just now contemplating doing them but the way they are supposed to be done is impossible for 4 children, way to many boxes! I loved your folder idea, and I have seen a few other modified versions that could possible work.

    By Blogger Bekki, At July 3, 2010 at 10:54 AM  

  • we have free bowling coupons we need to use bad! :) that will be my goal for this month.

    cant wait to hear if you do go skating.

    By Blogger Gidget Girl Reading, At July 3, 2010 at 11:31 AM  

  • Can't wait to see all of your plans and new work box system. Do you use that with Kaleb too?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At July 3, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

  • Looking forward to all those July posts! :) We are going to start using First Language Lessons this year too.

    By Blogger Kami, At July 3, 2010 at 2:19 PM  

  • LOL! Try not to kill yourself! I used to roller skate competitively, yes I know...please don't judge me!

    I'm not sure I could even stand up now! Good luck :o)

    By Blogger Confessions Of A Homeschooler, At July 3, 2010 at 4:46 PM  

  • I want to go thru the kids' curriculum for next year and get to ordering. I am scanning their scrapbooks from when I was paper scrapbooking. I don't have any back ups and don't have the negatives. When I get this done, I am working on their workboxes and curriculum. We were actually talking about going ice skating...well my kids and hubby. I kindly watch from the seats as I like my feet firmly planted on the ground not flying in the air with my backside on the ice. :-)

    Carole

    By Anonymous Homeschoolin Adventure, At July 3, 2010 at 6:28 PM  

  • Really looking forward to the July posts, especially your improvements to your workboxes and your curriculum choices!

    By Blogger Angela, At July 3, 2010 at 11:47 PM  

  • We are using Time Travellers too, New World Explorers. I've just been printing up a storm in prepartaion. I was so impressed with it, I bough the map CD's yesterday. I just tried them out, and they look great too. Great products! (And no, I have no connection. I sound like an advertisement!)

    By Anonymous Daffodil Lane, At July 4, 2010 at 10:52 AM  

  • hmmm Something really big thing this month.??? O right.. I think I will have a baby ;-)

    By Blogger Kelly, At July 7, 2010 at 6:33 PM  

  • PS- Looking forward to seeing your FLL Level 3 printables. :)

    By Blogger Kelly, At July 7, 2010 at 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home