Homeschool Creations

Monday, July 19, 2010

Poem Printables for First Language Lessons 3

image The girls will be working through First Language Lessons Level 3 this year, so I’m trying to get ahead of myself and have things ready before we start our school year. There are several poems that they will work on memorizing during the year and it helps us out to have an 8 1/2 x 11 print-out of the poem hanging on our wall while we are learning it.

After we’ve memorized a poem, each girl stores a printable in their poem folder for review later in the year.

The poems included in First Language Lessons Level 3 are:

~ “The Land of Nod” by Robert Louis Stevenson

~ “A Tragic Story” by William Makepeace Thackery

~ “I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud” by William Wordsworth

~ “A Time to Talk” by Robert Frost

~ “The Bells” by Edgar Allen Poe

~ “A Slash of Blue” by Emily Dickinson

FLL 3 Poems Collage

If you’d like to download your own copies of the poems to use, just click on the thumbnail image above and you’ll be redirected to the Language Resources page on my website where you can download both the poem printables for Level 3 and also the printables for the First Language Lessons Level 1 and 2 books.

Jolanthe Signature affiliate button

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

  • Did you notice the number of followers you have? 1111! I love querky things like that.

    I would love to see your paper work and how you organize school things. Getting ahead, where you keep it, how you keep it. I am not talking planners. I am talking the hard copies, books, manipulatives, etc.

    You blog is so motivating and cheerful.

    By Blogger Shaper of Little Souls, At July 20, 2010 at 7:04 AM  

  • Another lovely resource! Thanks soooooo much for sharing! discovertheirgifts.blogspot.com
    Monica

    By Blogger Monica, At July 20, 2010 at 7:13 AM  

  • O very good job! As always!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At July 20, 2010 at 8:30 AM  

  • These are just fabulous!

    My daughter saw me looking at these and she just is just in love with them. She's through level 3 already but she still remembers all the poems from every level. She says she is going to make these into a book. LOL

    I think I'll have to make her some for level 4 since she's so excited. As long as I don't have to write any poems myself, I should be okay. LOL

    By Blogger Stefanie, At July 20, 2010 at 10:46 AM  

  • Thank you, thank you, thank you :) We'll be starting FLL3 in a few weeks with ds8 and FLL1 with dd6.

    By Blogger Wendi, At July 22, 2010 at 8:16 PM  

  • Thank you so much! These were a life (school) saver this week!!

    By Blogger Shawon, At September 10, 2010 at 3:39 PM  

  • Thank you so much! These were a life (school) saver this week!!

    By Anonymous Shawon, At December 15, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home