Homeschool Creations

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Preschool Corner: Alphabet Picnic Table Talk

ABC & 123 is hosting "Picnic Table Talk" and this week the focus is all about the alphabet. Since this year I've been working through the alphabet with Zachary, I thought that it would be fun to share some of my favorite resources from this past year {and yes, I know we still have a few letters to finish up!}.

You can still link up and share what you've been doing in your preschool corner this week at the end of this post, but here's a little summary of some of my favorite resources.



Alphabet Art includes some fun ways to teach the alphabet through the use of poems, fingerplays, crafts and more. There are ideas for every letter of the alphabet and the majority of the activities are easy to pull together ~ and simple for the kids to create/do.



My ABC Bible Verses has a verse for each letter of the alphabet along with a short little story/devotional. The verses are simple and include reminders to review the verses that have already been learned.



Leap Frog: Letter Factory
~ We have the older version of this dvd and all of our kids have had so much fun and learned so quickly with this dvd!! I promise you, it's worth it to buy the whole set of them! The new dvd is releasing a little later this month and will also include the lowercase letters. LOVE them!



And while we're on the topic of Leap Frog, the Fridge Phonics are wonderful too. We have the upper and lowercase letters for it, but the songs are catchy and we use the magnets to spell words, etc...It's worked it's way through all of our kids so far!

If you'd like to see some of the things that we've done in our alphabet studies this year, be sure to check out all of the Alphabet Time posts. I also have some great Preschool Printables too {of course I'm partial to them since I made them!}.

About the Preschool Corner:

The Preschool Corner is a place for us to share the ideas we are using during our "preschool time" with our kids. You can join in the fun and record what you are doing in your house. Please link your exact blog post to the Mr. Linky below (if you have questions feel free to ask). Be sure to link back to this blog post so that your readers can find some other great ideas too!

The guidelines can be found here if you need them.

Share what you've been doing in your house this week!



Photobucket

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

  • I just saw my Letter Factory and thought OH YA!
    We don't have the fridge phonics but we really need to get it.

    By Blogger Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice, At June 5, 2009 at 12:33 AM  

  • good ideas... i don't know of any alphabet movies so thanks for sharing one... i will def. have to look into it!

    By Blogger Keri, At June 5, 2009 at 12:40 AM  

  • So many people have mentioned the letter factory dvd's, I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the great ideas.

    By Blogger Diana, At June 5, 2009 at 12:45 AM  

  • Thanks for sharing! I always feel inspired after visiting your site!

    By Blogger Susana, At June 6, 2009 at 1:02 AM  

  • The Leap Frog letter magnets have been a favorite at our house for all 3 of our kids. Love it!
    Thanks for linking to the picnic this week!

    By Blogger Katie, At June 6, 2009 at 2:21 PM  

  • We LOVE the Leap Frog videos and the fridge phonics.
    I accidentally linked my post to one of your old Mr. Linky's and now I've posted it here again at the correct one.
    Loving all these posts.

    By Blogger Ticia, At June 7, 2009 at 2:39 PM  

  • You may want to check out The K Crew's Scribble Art. There are 45 drawings created entirely by scribbles. The scribbles are used to increase fine motor skilll while foucing on pencil grip and proper paper alignment on the table top. There are 1-2 pictures for each letter that can be incorporated into any letter of the week/alphabet program being used.

    http://www.thekcrew.net/buysasafes.html

    By Blogger ONe PiNK FiSH, At June 7, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

  • I love that alphabet art book, it's got great ideas! I haven't tried anything on the computer yet so I like getting a suggestion from you. Sounds like one to try out, but then again Leap Frog makes all kinds of great products!

    By Blogger Katie, At June 7, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

  • I keep forgetting to link up to the preschool corner. Will you be continuing on through the summer? Or am I the only crazed and obsessed (or should I say overachieving) homeschool mom? I think I need help. I need a break but I can't make myself stop when there are all these great ideas out there!

    By Blogger Michelle Gibson, At June 10, 2009 at 1:31 AM  

  • Will you still be hosting preschool corner through the summer?

    By Blogger Mama Jenn, At June 15, 2009 at 1:20 AM  

  • I love the idea of preschool corner. I am so excited to be sharing our preschool activities with other awesome homeschool mom's and getting to read theirs.

    By Blogger Elsie, At June 16, 2009 at 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home