Homeschool Creations

Friday, December 3, 2010

Preschool Corner ~ A Week Off

Daddy was off this week, so we decided to take a break along with him. Good thing, since first thing Monday morning I ended up in the ER with a kidney stone and have {supposedly} been taking it easy ever since. 

Or maybe not so much. :)

Meanwhile, we’ve been reading books, watching movies, visiting the Children’s Museum, and having WAY too much fun playing Angry Birds…

Way too much fun. :) Both boys curled up in one of our new bean bag chairs to play together and Kaleb was cracking me up. He kept saying the phrase “That is pretty tricky!!!” along with “High five!!” whenever Zachary would attempt or master a level of the game.

IMG_0087

Someone asked me if I could put together a Build a Snowman game, but since it isn’t quite yet THAT cold here, I thought it might be better to do Build a Christmas Tree instead {and don’t worry…I’ll be sharing the Build a Snowman soon!}.

This is just like the Build a Bunny game that I shared before Easter. To play Build a Christmas Tree cut out the pieces of the tree and then use a die to roll numbers. Have your little one count the number s/he rolled and then pick that piece.

image

If you have an older child, you might want to play Draw a Christmas Tree. Use the outline of the tree as a guide and then add in the different pieces. Just a little more involved for older preschoolers and kindergarteners!

image

That’s it for this week!  What have you been up to this week? Be sure to link up below or leave a comment!

More Preschool Links:

Ready to Link Up?

Share what you are doing with your kids! Please link your exact blog post to the Mr. Linky below and link back here too! The updated guidelines can be found here if you need them.

Jolanthe Signature affiliate button

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

  • oo yay for the Christmas tree one! Its sitting on the printer.. we might just play it today :-) I always save the winter crafts until after Christmas :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At December 3, 2010 at 9:10 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Unknown, At December 3, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

  • Okay... try #2 in posting! LOVE this idea. Totally missed that the first picture was an already created "cut and paste" activity.... thought they were all color and/or draw. Thanks for sharing, and can't wait to use this activity next week.

    By Blogger Unknown, At December 3, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

  • Leann ~

    Totally my fault!! For some reason I originally posted two of the same picture, so I switched one out just a bit ago to show the two different ones. Have fun using them!

    Jolanthe

    By Blogger Jolanthe, At December 3, 2010 at 9:55 AM  

  • I have been up to nefarious things, many nefarious things. Which will be revealed soon. I just have to finish said nefarious things.

    By Blogger Ticia, At December 3, 2010 at 10:18 AM  

  • Jolanthe,

    You make me smile. Hah! No kidney stone will get you down! You just keep on pluggin' away. By chance, were you putting this together while waiting in the ER :-)?

    Thanks for the game. My pre-K'er is going to love it.

    By Blogger Milk and Honey Mommy, At December 3, 2010 at 11:08 AM  

  • I really like the tree game, Jolanthe! IF I can pack one more Christmas "school" activity in this month, I think this will be it. :) Thanks for making and sharing it with all of us! Hope you are feeling better soon - those kidney stones are no fun!!

    By Blogger Nicole {tired, need sleep}, At December 3, 2010 at 11:40 AM  

  • Thanks for the cute games! I'm sure the kids will love them. Hope you feel better soon!

    By Blogger Julie, At December 3, 2010 at 2:07 PM  

  • Hope you are doing better now.

    Thanks for the printables. My daughter will love them!!

    Need to get up to speed on the Christmas stuff...I just posted our Thanksgiving week last night. =p

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At December 3, 2010 at 3:01 PM  

  • I have been thinking of you all week! (I have had kidney stones 3 times!). I hope you were able to pass the stone ~ I'm certainly impressed with how well you seem to be doing! Oy, I don't think I did so well!

    By Blogger Michelle Gibson, At December 3, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

  • Hope you are feeling better and getting enough rest.
    Love the Christmas tree game. Thanks for sharing

    By Blogger kewkew, At December 4, 2010 at 1:05 AM  

  • youch! I hope you're feeling much better now (and taking it easy for real)

    thanks for the Christmas tree goodies :-)

    Best wishes!

    By Blogger K E Fleck, At December 4, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

  • I really like the tree game, Jolanthe! IF I can pack one more Christmas "school" activity in this month, I think this will be it. :) Thanks for making and sharing it with all of us! Hope you are feeling better soon - those kidney stones are no fun!!

    By Anonymous Nicole {tired, need sleep}, At December 15, 2010 at 12:53 PM  

  • Leann ~

    Totally my fault!! For some reason I originally posted two of the same picture, so I switched one out just a bit ago to show the two different ones. Have fun using them!

    Jolanthe

    By Anonymous Jolanthe, At December 15, 2010 at 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home