Homeschool Creations

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Coming Up in December 2010 {and a goal for the month}

An introduction {and thank you} to our sponsors…

Ahh ad Laurianna 3 copy  
Our Ahh! Prods bean bags arrived at our house yesterday and are already well loved! If you are looking for high quality bean bag chairs, be sure to visit their site! Do you recognize the cute little face in the ad above? Laurianna curled right up and started reading. :)
 

Homeschool Convention
If you are looking for a information packed, affordable homeschool convention with a list of amazing speakers and huge exhibit halls ~ search no more! Great Homeschool Conventions has FOUR fabulous conventions starting in March of 2011. Be sure to check them out and see if there will be a convention near you!
Nancy Larson Homeschool Science
Nancy Larson Science provides homeschool science curriculum that is engaging and challenging for your child while being fun and easy for you to teach. You can read my full review of this curriculum here.

My ‘to post’ list for the month of December…

What I would like to do and what I can do are sometimes worlds apart…but here is what I would LIKE to do:

~ some more preschool printables!!
~ reviews & giveaways on a few great products we’re using:  Ahh! Bean bag chairs, GoodBooks, and Math Rider
~ Full pdf set of verse printables for the Awana HangGlider book {indidual verses are done, but you all keep asking for the full sets!}
~ Verse pdfs for the Awana Truth & Training Book 1 {my goal is to complete another 8 of these!}
~ and of course all the regular weekly stuff…Science Sunday, Homeschool Village {when I can!!}, Preschool Corner, and Raising Rock Stars too!

My Goal for the month of December…

This past month, I’ve been using Tell Your Time What to Do by Amy Lynn Andrews to help budget and manage my time better. I blocked out my time for each week and although it’s been challenging at times, I’ve done really well in trying to stick to it. From Saturday afternoon to Sunday night the computer has been off…and it’s been wonderful. I’ve squeaked in more reading, special time with the kids, and overall, I’m loving the new schedule.

For December I have a lofty goal ~ finish ONE non-fiction book.  I’m participating in the Fall into Reading 2010 with Callapidder Days and have YET to complete any of the non-fiction books on my fall reading list {well, with the exception of finishing the Bible}. I have managed to read 5 chapters in Grace-Based Parenting by Tim Kimmel {and want to finish it} and put a good dent into a new book that I added to the pile by Dannah Gresh. Unfortunately, I also picked up another great looking book Bringing Up Girls, so I’ll have to see which one I pick up first.

Assuming that I finish the first fiction book. :)

What’s one thing that you really want to do this month?
Jolanthe Homeschool Creations affiliate button

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • oo such a great idea to set some goals for the month! I think I will do that and post them tomorrow :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At November 30, 2010 at 7:34 PM  

  • Jolanthe,

    If I could finish JUST ONE non-fiction book, then I would be so happy. I didn’t sign up for ‘Fall into Reading 2010’ because I wasn’t too successful finishing anything on my list earlier this year (Spring Reading).

    I’ve been looking forward to Bringing Up Girls. I read Bringing Up Boys a few years ago and might have to read again as a refresher.

    The sponsors for this month look exciting. I signed up last month for the Memphis Homeschool convention and am looking forward to it.

    I wish you success w/your goals.

    By Blogger Milk and Honey Mommy, At December 2, 2010 at 9:56 AM  

  • Woo Hoo (when you can of course)! No link ups though on Thursdays -- giving them a break until 2011 -- BUT - you can link up those great preschool crafts every other Monday - starting Monday!!!!

    Or even share a fabulous HOW TO in January - you're ALWAYS welcome back friend!!

    By Blogger Stef , At December 2, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

  • I want to pick up a couple of books.
    "Grace based parenting" has been on my list for a while now as well.
    "I don't have enough Faith to be an Atheist" This author just spoke at our church.
    and "Season's of a mothers heart"
    and Empty out my amazon cart! I have been saving things in there forever!

    By Blogger Kelly, At December 3, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

  • I want to pick up a couple of books.
    "Grace based parenting" has been on my list for a while now as well.
    "I don't have enough Faith to be an Atheist" This author just spoke at our church.
    and "Season's of a mothers heart"
    and Empty out my amazon cart! I have been saving things in there forever!

    By Anonymous K-tribe, At December 15, 2010 at 12:53 PM  

  • Woo Hoo (when you can of course)! No link ups though on Thursdays -- giving them a break until 2011 -- BUT - you can link up those great preschool crafts every other Monday - starting Monday!!!!

    Or even share a fabulous HOW TO in January - you're ALWAYS welcome back friend!!

    By Anonymous Layton Family Joy, At December 15, 2010 at 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home