Homeschool Creations

Friday, August 13, 2010

Preschool Corner ~ Planning Forms

This last week and a half has been spent planning, organizing, re-organizing and pulling together ideas for what our upcoming year is going to look like. Overall, it’s finally beginning to ‘click’ and I’m getting an idea of what the year will look like for Kaleb ~ and that’s exciting for me.

In all honesty, I feel that he gets the leftovers when it comes to learning time, especially as I’m trying to fit in all that the older three need to do. I really wanted to have something in place for him that he would be excited about, I would be excited about…and that would be fun! Cindy from Along the Way has been busy working with me to come up with some literature based units that we can do with our boys and it has been FUN!!! We’re working on some fun printables and lapbook-style units that we’re so excited about!

This week we brought home some monarch caterpillars and have a new space {thanks to my re-organizing} to watch and observe the caterpillars up close. Wednesday morning the kids woke up and were able to watch Kaleb’s caterpillar go into its chrysalis ~ SO much fun!! We were able to video tape it too and Kaleb was so excited about the ‘dancing’ that it was doing. :)

I’ve posted about the planning pages that we used last year, but this year I’ve revamped them a little bit and focused it more toward literature-based studies. If you would like to download the 2 page Preschool Planning form, just click on the thumbnail images below.

Preschool Planning Form 2010Preschool Planning Form 2010 2 

We try to get all of our ‘school time’ done Monday through Thursday. The first page has room for planning daily activities in the following areas: reading {related to something in the actual book}, doing {something that we can do that relates to the topic: lapbook, gross motor, math, etc…}, song/game, Bible {verse/song}, and crafts. The second page gives me room to expand my ideas and jot down notes for the following areas: Bible/Character, Language, Science/Nature, Math, Gross/Fine Motor, Arts & Crafts, Songs & Games.

At the bottom of the page, I also have room to plan what the basic layout of Kaleb’s workboxes will be for the week. I have 9 planning spaces {the workbox unit that we’re using has 9 boxes overall} ~ but we’ll be using only 6 of the boxes, with 3 as more some fun ‘extras’ for our day. I’ll be sharing more soon with pictures of our school area layout for this year, so stay tuned for that!

Are YOU getting excited for the upcoming year??? Link up what you’ve been doing and what you are planning on doing. :) Can’t wait to see what you ladies are up to with your kids this year!

Ready to Link Up?

Share what you are doing with your kids! Please link your exact blog post to the Mr. Linky below and link back here too! The updated guidelines can be found here if you need them.
 
 
Jolanthe Signature affiliate button

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

  • I love your two page planning form. I will most likely tweak it to fit our needs, but it seems more like what I've been trying to come up with than what I've actually came up with (hehe... confused yet?). I'm very excited to start our year after Labor Day and I'll be posting about our plans very soon. Thanks for all you do!

    By Blogger RockerMom, At August 13, 2010 at 5:38 AM  

  • So good of you to share these forms with everyone. I'm positive your school year will be wonderful!

    Warmly,
    Mari-Ann
    Counting Coconuts

    By Blogger Counting Coconuts, At August 13, 2010 at 7:19 AM  

  • We're slowly gearing up, and trying to do a similar week of Monday to Thursday.

    So, I know you said this before at some point, but how do you generate the images for your printables? Scribd is changing to charging for downloads, so I need to switch off of that, but am trying to figure out where to go to and how to show the printable.

    By Blogger Ticia, At August 13, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

  • Love those forms! Going to definitely use it in planning!

    By Blogger Manda, At August 13, 2010 at 10:42 AM  

  • What a blessing you are to share these. I have been searching for the right planner...think I just found it. Thank you!

    By Blogger Jada Rocks, At August 13, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

  • OO I like the revamp! Thanks! I really like planning. It must be that I am getting old, haha! Lately I have been excited about planning forms, cloth diapers ...add in my CDO (Well ya know OCD spelled in the RIGHT order) of organizing and cleaning and I think something might be wrong with me. ;)

    By Blogger Kelly, At August 13, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

  • Sounds like a great year! I am super excited to get started (after we get back from the beach). I do however need to get a few things still and actually come up w/ a plan for the space!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 13, 2010 at 11:23 AM  

  • How long did it take to change into it's chrysalis? I have a hummingbird and butterfly blog that you can find on my profile. I have pictures of a trip I took to a park that cultivates Monarchs and there's lots of Monarchs hanging in their little jade looking cases. If you click on the Monarch label in my side bar you can read two posts about it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 13, 2010 at 3:25 PM  

  • You are so excellent in organizing your school. I am sure Kaleb will like literature-based units, I am looking forward to reading about them.

    By Blogger Natalie PlanetSmarty, At August 13, 2010 at 5:13 PM  

  • Looks great, I am still working on getting all our things in place for my preschooler. :-) Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Jill

    By Blogger Jill, At August 13, 2010 at 10:52 PM  

  • Love the look of your forms. You are so organized. I am still working on our week. We take Tues off for Play Group, so will be having lesson times Mon, Wed, Thurs and Fri.
    Very cool that your kids got to see the caterpillars form the chrysalis!
    Have a great week.
    Blessings

    By Blogger kewkew, At August 16, 2010 at 1:39 AM  

  • This is listed on my great posts of the week. Here is the link: http://www.jdaniel4smom.com/2010/08/great-posts-i-came-across-this-week_14.html

    By Anonymous JDaniel4's Mom, At December 15, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

  • I love your two page planning form. I will most likely tweak it to fit our needs, but it seems more like what I've been trying to come up with than what I've actually came up with (hehe... confused yet?). I'm very excited to start our year after Labor Day and I'll be posting about our plans very soon. Thanks for all you do!

    By Anonymous TheRockerMom, At December 15, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home