Homeschool Creations

Friday, November 5, 2010

Preschool Corner ~ Lowercase Letter Crafts m - p

We did squeeze in a few days of school time this week before some of the kiddos ended up getting sick…which then resulted in Mom being super tired.

Kaleb is VERY excited that Saturday we’ll be going to see VeggieTales Live this weekend and truthfully, I’m really hoping that we get to hear my favorite song ~ Bellybutton! If your kiddos love VeggieTales, you might want to see if they will be in your area since the shows will be through November 30th. Assuming that the big guys don’t scare him to death, we should have plenty of pictures to share! :)

Before the sickies hit, we spent a lot of time reading about pirates!! Kaleb has been fascinated with them lately, so we read and read and read. We also did a fun letter craft that went along with our pirate unit. Can you guess which of the following letters it was?

Here are a few more of the lowercase alphabet letter crafts that Cindy and I have been sharing over at Totally Tots. Click on the picture to visit the post about that craft. :)

Magnet Craft n is for net craft
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Owl Craft p is for parrot craft

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

Depending on how next week goes, I’m REALLY hoping that I’ll be able to share our unit with you!! I’m trying to wrap up some behind the scenes stuff before I post all about it. :)  I’ll also be sharing the rest of the do-a-dot printables soon too!

If you haven’t already, be sure to enter to win a GREAT resource book for moms of preschoolers ~ Homepreschool and Beyond by Susan Lemons. I have several copies of the book to give away to a few readers!

Hope you all had a GREAT week ~ and can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to!

Stories & Books To Go Along

Ready to Link Up?

Share what you are doing with your kids! Please link your exact blog post to the Mr. Linky below and link back here too! The updated guidelines can be found here if you need them.

More Preschool Links:

 

Jolanthe Signature affiliate button

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

  • Thanks for hosting =)

    By Blogger Crisc, At November 5, 2010 at 5:57 AM  

  • Thanks for hosting the link up!
    My children enjoy the Veggie Tales videos and books as well. Our preschooler's favorite VT book is the Ben Hurry book. I love singing the rendition of the 'Row, Row, Your Boat' contained in the story.

    By Blogger Dorie, At November 5, 2010 at 7:09 AM  

  • Thanks for Preschool Corner, I have so much fun seeing what others up to.

    By Blogger Alison @ Educational Creations, At November 5, 2010 at 9:15 AM  

  • We've been fighting the sickies here too - I hate how it throws us off! I hope your family is feeling great and back to normal this coming week! Great letter crafts (as always)! :)

    By Blogger Nicole {tired, need sleep}, At November 5, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

  • I'm debating on entering because on the one hand it looks like a great book, but on the other hand my kids are almost past the intended age...... Oh the dilemma.

    I think of the ones you shared the magnet is my favorite.

    By Blogger Ticia, At November 5, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

  • I hope everyone is starting to feel better! We have been fighting a nasty cold. Love the P craft :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At November 5, 2010 at 9:51 AM  

  • That owl is just "toooo" cute!

    (And only a mommy to little ones would be so cheesy as to say something like that. ha!)

    By Blogger Shannon, At November 5, 2010 at 12:08 PM  

  • I didn't know they have Veggie live!

    Can't wait to do the lowercase letters. Those are very cute!

    Hope for a full recovery and rest for Mom. My little one has a touch of fever again! I hoping its from teething because I don't want it to be something else.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At November 6, 2010 at 12:55 AM  

  • Oh I wish the Veggie Tales show was coming somewhere near us. Oh well. I really hope you had a good time. Can't wait to see pictures.
    I love your m-p craft ideas. For the life of me I could not come up with a net, that's why we did a necklace. Love the parrot and the magnet was a cute idea as well. We've done those letters already, but I will definitely keep them in mind for the future.
    Hope everyone is feeling better. We know the feeling and it really stinks.

    By Blogger kewkew, At November 6, 2010 at 3:01 PM  

  • I am a new follower. Hope you can stop by my blog sometime.

    http://thewhitefamilyof6.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Unknown, At November 6, 2010 at 6:21 PM  

  • Oh I wish the Veggie Tales show was coming somewhere near us. Oh well. I really hope you had a good time. Can't wait to see pictures.
    I love your m-p craft ideas. For the life of me I could not come up with a net, that's why we did a necklace. Love the parrot and the magnet was a cute idea as well. We've done those letters already, but I will definitely keep them in mind for the future.
    Hope everyone is feeling better. We know the feeling and it really stinks.

    By Anonymous kewkew, At December 15, 2010 at 12:53 PM  

  • Thanks for hosting =)

    By Anonymous Crisc@JusKeepSmiling.com, At December 15, 2010 at 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home