Homeschool Creations

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Deep in My Heart

Over the last two months, I’ve been spending time most mornings reading from Sally Clarkson’s book Seasons of a Mother’s Heart. It has truly been a most encouraging book for me on so many different levels, challenging me in ways and providing ‘lightbulb’ moments in others.

There are so many times that I am asked the ‘why’ behind our homeschooling. While there may be different things that trigger responses at different times, when reading the last chapter in Seasons of a Mother’s Heart, this passage brought tears to my eyes and made me pull out my underline because it IS MY heart {verb tense changes and emphasis mine}…

“I {know} deep in my heart that God designed me, as a mother, to be at home with my children. To even think of settling for something else would be to step out of His will. No matter how difficult the homeschooling lifestyle might become, my commitment {is} to do God’s will, not my own. Even though I could selfishly choose an ‘easier’ lifestyle, I would have to disobey God to do so. I know in my heart that God has called me to homeschool…”

Sally Clarkson, Seasons of a Mother’s Heart, p. 224

Sometimes it’s so difficult to put the above into words, although Sally did it so eloquently.

Deep in my heart I know.

Jolanthe Signature affiliate button

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home