Homeschool Creations

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Your Child’s Personality

Seasons of a Mother’s Heart by Sally Clarkson has been such a wonderful encouragement to me lately. Here’s a little something that gave me a bit of conviction and encouragement all rolled into one.

“…accept and affirm the unique personality that God has given {your child"}. Believe it or not, God did not give your child that personality just to help you grow! He gave it because He has a purpose for that child to fulfill, and He needs your child’s personality strengths. God did not make a mistake in giving you your child his or her personality, so don’t make the mistake of being critical of it. Learn to appreciate God’s handiwork in each of your children.”

~ Seasons of a Mother’s Heart, p. 138-139 {emphasis mine}

Lord, help me to appreciate the amazing gift that you have given me in my children and how to best cultivate their individual personalities and not curb them to my own desires!!

Jolanthe Signature affiliate button

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home