Homeschool Creations

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Raising Rock Stars ::Week 2::

Raising Rock Stars

The girls and Zachary are in different levels of Awana, so for our 'group' time we're doing something together daily that has absolutely nothing to do with either of their Sparks verses.

Every morning we are using the Day by Day Kid's Bible: The Bible for Young Readers {Tyndale} to read together at breakfast. This version is simplified for the kids and has daily readings so that you can read through the Bible in a year. The passages are under 10 minutes worth of reading, so it isn't so overwhelming for the kids, and it's easy enough that I can also have the girls read it out loud {and get a little reading practice in with them}.

For Awana this week, the girls have been working on memorizing the 23rd Psalm and have it almost memorized completely. As part of the study, their WingRunner books also have character studies of different Bible figures, so we've been learning more about David, Solomon, and Elijah.

Zachary has been working on Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:31. We talked about the different days of Creation and talked about what happened each day of creation.
Stop by Carisa's blog too and see what other families are doing to raise their own little Rock Stars at home!!


Photobucket

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • Jolanthe, your printables are incredible! What a great idea! My youngest just finished Sparks HangGlider Red 1, so we'll be using your cards and following right along with you. My older son is in T&T Boys - Book 1. I guess I'll have to take the lead in making little cards for his level as well. Thanks for sharing!

    By Blogger Jennifer, At November 4, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

  • Hi Jolanthe...agree with Jennifer that those cards are wonderful! Your very gifted and generous for sharing with your readers.

    xxx

    By Blogger Sarah, At November 4, 2009 at 4:13 PM  

  • I love your cards! We don't do Awana, but you have inspired me to "jazz up" our memory verse charts/cards.

    By Blogger Unknown, At November 5, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

  • I would like to recommend a site to you that you might find useful. I use the coloring sheets for lapbooks or just for a lesson. The worksheets are for a bit older kids but are still useful.What I like about this site is that it offers lessons a lot of the bible. If you have a chance check it out.

    http://children.calvarychapel.com/site/curriculum.htm

    By Blogger Cynthia, At November 6, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

  • YOU ROCK...let's just get that out of the way... I Love AWANA too it's so great to see my kids get so excited about their verses, but this just put me over the edge of excitement... the possiblities are endless with you!!!
    What you do for the homeschooling community is so wonderful and I am so thankful for all your tips, help, and of corse the FREE printouts are a big bonus;-)
    Thanks again

    By Blogger Fairyluver, At November 10, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

  • Sorry I didn't know my e-mail wasen't linked to my profile it's
    www.jennifer_oclair@yahoo.com
    Thanks again

    By Blogger Fairyluver, At November 10, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home