Homeschool Creations

Friday, August 6, 2010

Preschool Corner ~ Pledge of Allegiance & Lord’s Prayer

When I taught preschool in our school system, one of our morning routines was reciting the Pledge of Allegiance together…and really, nothing is sweeter than hearing little ones try desperately to pronounce the word ‘indivisible’. :)

Our older three know the Pledge already, so this year {especially since the older three will be studying American History} Kaleb will be learning the Pledge as part of our Morning Calendar time. The printable also has the Pledge of Allegiance printable in landscape format too {that’s how it’ll fit into our calendar}.

Pledge of Allegiance

The Lord’s Prayer is another printable that I just put together for one of you all this week. There are two pages to the Lord’s Prayer printable ~ one with a boy and one with a girl.

Lord's PrayerLord's Prayer 2  

This weekend I’ll be finishing up our school planning and will have much more to share with you all about our overall schedule, things we’ll be learning this year and our school area setup. We haven’t had much school-related structure during our week and are slowly working our way back into a school-like routine ~ getting the kinks worked out of our chore system, keeping the tv off {period}, and putting the house in ‘order’ as much as is possible.

What have you been doing this week? Share with us the crafts that you are doing, fun you are having, and plans you are making for this upcoming year.

Ready to Link Up?

Share what you are doing with your kids! Please link your exact blog post to the Mr. Linky below and link back here too! I don’t like to feel mean, but if your post doesn’t link to the Preschool Corner, it will be deleted. I’ve had some strange links lately and am checking the links when I can. :) The updated guidelines can be found here if you need them.
 Jolanthe Signature affiliate button

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

  • You reminded me it is time I start teaching my girls The Lord's Prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance. Some of the longer Bible passages Tabitha has memorized (and the way she can recite some books from memory) show me that she is capable. I think we will make that part of our routine this year. Thanks for the reminder.

    By Blogger kewkew, At August 6, 2010 at 9:25 AM  

  • Thanks for sharing these. It hadn't occurred to me to include these, but I definitely want to now.

    By Blogger Katie, At August 6, 2010 at 10:28 AM  

  • Thanks for sharing your Pledge and The Lord's Prayer. I have planned on implementing both into our Morning Meetings, but didn't have anything created for us to read off of. I have recently watched an address by President Ronald Regan and he spoke about the importance of parents to teach their children about our country and the pledge and other things. It's a stand up video.

    By Blogger Unknown, At August 6, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

  • Wow I can't believe I forgot about the pledge of allegiance! Thanks!

    By Blogger Jada Rocks, At August 6, 2010 at 11:20 AM  

  • Thanks for that... ;)

    By Blogger Shay, At August 6, 2010 at 12:29 PM  

  • Not related to the topic ...but can you share where or "how" to add a drop down menu bar like you have on your blog. I've tried and tried and cannot get it work. Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 6, 2010 at 12:36 PM  

  • Thank you. I really appreciate your hard work and all that you share on your blog! It makes my life easier!

    By Blogger Christy Killoran, At August 6, 2010 at 5:17 PM  

  • Just stopping by to say thanks!! You have so many great ideas--and I think it is awesome that you just share these pdf's, it makes getting them so easy! You are a blessing to so many people!

    By Anonymous Heather, At August 6, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

  • Thanks for your Awana stuff! Melissa did a post about your printables- I had never seen them before. I bookmarked the page.
    Thanks so much!
    Tiffany @ home grown families

    By Blogger Unknown, At August 6, 2010 at 9:14 PM  

  • Just wanted to thank your for these. On Thursday, I spent more time than I should have searching for the perfect Pledge of Allegiance & Lord's Prayer printables. Of course, I didn't find just the right ones...until now!
    Thank you for these and for all your wonderful printables!!!! We are HUGE fans of your blog!!!

    By Blogger Suzanne, At August 7, 2010 at 11:04 PM  

  • Thanks for the great Pledge of Allegiance printable. I am using it to start our calendar time each day. I blogged about it and linked back.
    http://all-about-the-journey.blogspot.com/2010/09/calendar-time.html

    By Blogger Susan, At September 25, 2010 at 2:44 AM  

  • Jolanthe,
    I loved your Pledge of Allegiance printable and would love to have a matching one of the Pledge to the Bible. Would you mind making one?
    Thank you for your site...it's helped me a lot as I'm just starting out!
    -Sarah

    By Blogger Curtis & Sarah, At October 19, 2010 at 12:03 AM  

  • Thanks a bunch! It may seem weird but i forgot the pledge myself and i'm 15, i do the pledge every day and i forgot! haha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At November 11, 2010 at 1:44 AM  

  • Just wanted to thank your for these. On Thursday, I spent more time than I should have searching for the perfect Pledge of Allegiance & Lord's Prayer printables. Of course, I didn't find just the right ones...until now!
    Thank you for these and for all your wonderful printables!!!! We are HUGE fans of your blog!!!

    By Anonymous Suzanne, At December 15, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

  • Thanks for that... ;)

    By Anonymous Shay, At December 15, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home