Homeschool Creations

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Coming up in August 2010 {and my goal for the month…}

An introduction {and thank you} to our sponsors…

Nancy Larson Homeschool Science

Nancy Larson Science provides homeschool science curriculum that is engaging and challenging for your child while being fun and easy for you to teach. Each science kit comes with everything that you will need to teach your child, making it easy for you to implement and use immediately!

image You’ll be seeing a LOT more about Homeschool in the Woods this year. We’ll be using their Time Travelers units as part of our studies, but they have some amazing maps and timelines too!

imageDisciple Like Jesus is a book that strives to equip and encourage parents in following Jesus' method in discipling their children ~ and enjoying the blessings of children. Be sure to look at their online resources too!

My ‘to post’ list for the month of August…

~ Lesson plans for Peru, Venezuela, and Mexico…maybe more! {vacation in July threw me off ~ sorry!}

~ Poem printables for First Language Lessons 4

~ Full pdf set {and individual ones too!} of verse printables for the Awana Cubbies book

~ Full verse pdf sets for the Awana books: WingRunner and HangGliders

~ A few more great giveaways!!

~ New preschool planning sheets

~ Our {still-in-process} chore system…I’ll fill you all in, but wanted a little time to see how it would actually work for us…or IF it would!

~ and of course all the regular weekly stuff…Science Sunday, Homeschool Village, Preschool Corner, and hopefully we’ll be back with Raising Rock Stars soon too!

My Goal for the month of August…

Last month’s goal of roller-skating went flying out the window with us being on vacation for over a week. And that’s ok because we had fun together as a familySO, we’ll tack that onto this month’s list of things to do. Updated on 7/31 @ 5pm…just under the wire, we squeaked this goal in ~ you can see the fun pictures in Roller-Skating Geriatric Style.

My other big goal? Get our homeschool curriculum…past, present and future re-organized. I’ve been slowly {but surely} going room by room and getting things in line, but in the process one room has become a PIT of despair and is sadly in need of attention and lots of it.

The state of that room is always in the back of my mind and really effecting other stuff {like my ability to focus} so it is top priority ~ especially since we’re supposed to start school soon and finding things could be an issue if I don’t do it! :)

What’s one thing that you really want to do this month?

Jolanthe Signature affiliate button

Labels:

13 Comments:

  • I love how you wrote everything out:) Mind if I snag the format for my blog??

    By Blogger Unknown, At July 31, 2010 at 7:36 AM  

  • I am ready to start school and get back into a routine with new baby girl here, I am anxious to see how everything will work together! :)
    I still think you need to go roller skating!!!
    Look at me on skates... You can do it too!! ;-)
    http://k-tribe.blogspot.com/2009/11/our-friends-rollerskating-party.html

    By Blogger Kelly, At July 31, 2010 at 9:11 AM  

  • My daughter starts cubbies in the Fall so we'll probably use your printables. I came to enter the guidecraft giveaway this morning and became a subscriber. I'm excited to have found you!!

    By Anonymous Jenn @ Beautiful Calling, At July 31, 2010 at 12:12 PM  

  • Are you still gonna post about your new chore charts? You had mentioned doing that this summer as well. I love your ideas and would love to see how you implemented this area! :0)

    By Blogger Missouri Mommy, At July 31, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

  • I just wanted you to know that earlier this week I found "Disciple Like Jesus" through your website and promptly ordered my copy! Thanks for having the information available, it appears to be a life changing book and we're very excited!

    By Blogger Valerie, At July 31, 2010 at 5:02 PM  

  • I'm with you on the organizing both my house and my homeschooling. I got the history planned for the fall on our trip to California, but didn't bring any of the other books, and I'm regretting that now. I'm working through it. Slowly. I got my bathroom clean. It took 2 hours, isn't that sad?

    By Blogger Ticia, At August 1, 2010 at 12:18 AM  

  • Can't wait to read everyhing! Where do your kids do Awana.. I was thinking about signing Sammy up!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 1, 2010 at 11:23 AM  

  • I was just curious.... Which book of AWANA Cubbies' verses are you working on - Hopper or Jumper?

    By Anonymous Michelle, At August 8, 2010 at 3:46 PM  

  • To answer your questions about the Cubbies…I did all the verses for the Jumper book…and then found out that the kids will be doing Hopper this year. :) I’m hoping to post the Jumper verses soon and need to get ahold of a Hopper book to make sure I have the verses right. :)

    So…long story short…after a bit I will have both of the Cubbies books posted.

    Jolanthe

    By Blogger Jolanthe, At August 8, 2010 at 8:11 PM  

  • Jolanthe,
    Thank you so much for your response. Our church is doing the Hopper book this year. I was secretly hoping you were as well =) My husband is the new storyteller this year and I was searching for ideas for him to help the kids with their verses - without me reinventing the wheel! Thanks for sharing!
    Michelle

    By Anonymous Michelle, At August 8, 2010 at 11:28 PM  

  • I was just curious.... Which book of AWANA Cubbies' verses are you working on - Hopper or Jumper?

    By Anonymous Michelle, At December 15, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

  • I am ready to start school and get back into a routine with new baby girl here, I am anxious to see how everything will work together! :)
    I still think you need to go roller skating!!!
    Look at me on skates... You can do it too!! ;-)
    http://k-tribe.blogspot.com/2009/11/our-friends-rollerskating-party.html

    By Anonymous K-tribe, At December 15, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

  • My daughter starts cubbies in the Fall so we'll probably use your printables. I came to enter the guidecraft giveaway this morning and became a subscriber. I'm excited to have found you!!

    By Anonymous Jenn @ Beautiful Calling, At December 15, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home