Homeschool Creations

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Serving with JOY

image_thumb

“If we are doing the Lord’s work, we can know our efforts are not in vain. Whether we are building a tent for the neighborhood children, cooking a tasty meal for a sick neighbor, or serving our own sick child with a tray of appealing goodies, we are teaching our children what it means to serve with hardworking hands.”

~ Sally Clarkson, Ministry of Motherhood, p. 200

 

I think of all things, my biggest frustration with service lies in one simple word ~ selfishness. It is so terribly simple to fall back into the mindset of ‘no one appreciates all that I am doing for them’. How often do I forget that I am called to serve not only those in my community, but especially those that are in my immediate surroundings.

Cheerfully.

Read more here…

Jolanthe Signature affiliate button

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home