Homeschool Creations

Friday, October 22, 2010

Preschool Corner ~ Fall Time

We had a shorter week because I headed out of town for a few days to attend the Relevant Conference. I’m so excited to be together with an amazing group of women ~ including Carisa {from 1+1+1=1} and Kris {from Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers}…but that’s a post for another day!

Before I left we had a few days of time where we started a unit on fall. We’ll continue more next week with a focus on pumpkins since our pumpkin patch trip was rescheduled and that will tie in nicely {dontcha think?}. Here are a few highlights of our week:

Fall Leaf Mobile ~ The older three went on a leaf hunt, so Kaleb picked a few of his own too. His were rather dry and crunchy, so we used a bunch of tissue paper leaves that I laminated and hung them from a twig to make a mobile to decorate our school room.

IMG_8486

Nature Collage ~ Kaleb’s collection of leaves, flowers and sticks was glued to a piece of paper to grace our walls. :)

IMG_8489

Leave Jumping ~ We put different colored leaves on the floor {from the dollar section at Target, I think} and Kaleb had fun jumping, hopping, stepping or leaping from one leaf to another when I called out a color for him to hop to/from.

Acorn Tic Tac Toe ~ I posted about our season tic tac toe board yesterday, but Kaleb had so much fun trying to learn how to play Tic Tac Toe with this. We played it over and over and over…

IMG_8501

Fall Sensory Bin ~ A lot of beans, fall leaves, acorns, and tiny gourds that the boys have had fun playing with all week.

IMG_8466

Gray Squirrel Rhyme ~ Just because I think it’s fun to embarrass myself, here’s a little rhyme that we’re doing too. I’m MUCH more enthusiastic when doing it with Kaleb…but since this is going out into the great wide web world, I’ll spare you a little enthusiasm {no snickers, please}.

Stories & Books We Used

Ready to Link Up?

Share what you are doing with your kids! Please link your exact blog post to the Mr. Linky below and link back here too! The updated guidelines can be found here if you need them.

More Preschool Links:

Jolanthe Signature affiliate button

Labels:

20 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home