Help Me 2 Teach
- It contains over 2,000 links that are SAFE searches for everyone - no filters needed.
- Links are arranged by categories and there is also a site search feature
- Color-coded circles to let you know what age level each link is appropriate for
- Quarterly newsletters with teaching suggestions and unit study ideas and links
- Table of contents on the first page give quick "go to" based on subject/area of study
- Site is safe for kids to search on (no funky 'google' links)
- Each site has a target age (color-coded) so you don't have to wade through endless links to find what you are looking for
- Can save time for homeschooling moms
- The owner is very open to suggestions for the site and has been great to work with when offered ideas. She has already added quite a few areas based on suggestions from reviewers - very encouraging! Elaine is constantly adding new links and materials to her site to make it even better.
What was a little hard for me:
- Searching by specific words can be picky. For example, I tried to do a search on the word "tigers" and the search yielded no results. When I took the "s" off, I found results. Normally, I wouldn't have taken the "s" off, so the search engine can be a little choosey at times.
- There are some areas that are lacking a bit. Since we are doing a geography study and moving onto India this week, I searched on India, Taj Mahal...and other Indian things and there were no results in my search. There are general geography resources, but I was looking for specifics, so my google searching turned up much more. ***Since writing this post, there have been several sites added to the site to cover the areas that I mentioned - Elaine is very willing to work with suggestions and on the needed areas.***
- The price (to me) seems a little high - however, there is a special running right now through December of 2 years for the price of 1, which does make it much better for me. I can much more easily see spending $29.95 for two years of this site.
Overall, I think that this site has a LOT of potential. My kids aren't at the age yet where this would be necessary for them to conduct safe searches on the internet, but I can definitely see where that would be a huge benefit to me as a parent.
You can also see other reviews
of this site at the Homeschool Crew blog.