Homeschool Memoirs: Favorite Snacks
Awhile back Mother Dear received a question on what snack foods to buy for homeschooling families, on the go or at home, and she inspired this week’s theme. There are so many different kinds of snack foods, store-bought and homemade, and I would like to invite you to share what snack foods your family usually snacks on throughout the week. You’re welcome to make season lists too. I know there are different meals we eat during the colder seasons than we do in the warmer ones, and I imagine there are also seasonal snack foods as well.
- apple slices with peanut butter or cheese slices
- celery sticks with peanut butter or cream cheese
- carrot sticks with ranch dressing
- snack mix: popcorn, cereal (like cheerios), raisins or other fruit bits
- Ritz crackers with cream cheese and apple slices
- apple rings: apple ring slices (after cored) with peanut butter and cereal such as Honey Bunches of Oats
- fruit or veggies of some sort with or without dip
- mini muffins - pumpkin oat, banana, pb&j...really anything
- ham and cheese roll-ups - with or without a tortilla
- smoothies - whatever Mommy happens to have on hand - and can even sneak in. These are quick and easy for us!
- applesauce - plain or flavored with a jello flavor
- quick apple cobbler - nilla wafers with applesauce heated in the microwave - top with a little whipped cream - YUM!!
Labels: Homeschool Memoirs