The Preschool Corner: Letter D
Zachary worked on the Letter "D" this week. He has a great handle on his uppercase letters, and we're finding that he needs help with the lowercase letters - a big necessary if he tries to read, since obviously books are generally in lowercase. That gets to be rather frustrating for him. Here are some of the things we focused on with the letter "D".
Our page for the letter “D” was a dandelion (apologies for the scan).
Here’s how we made it:
- Cut out two yellow circles, one about an inch smaller than the other
- Cut out a brown or white circle (about half the size of the largest yellow circle)
- Glue the circles from largest to smallest
- Use scissors to fringe the yellow circles (causing them to look like dandelions)
- Add a stem using a green pipe cleaner
Art Activity: Decorating Donuts
This week we made paper donuts. For this craft you will need: a large pieceof paper, white glue, food coloring, paint brush, confetti or glitter.
- Cut out large donut shape
- Mix a little food coloring in some white glue and put it in a small bowl.
- Use a paint brush to "frost" the donut with the colored glue
- Sprinkle confetti or glitter on top of wet glue to decorate it
Duck, Duck Goose
Philippians 2:14 - "Do everything without complaining or arguing."
This week we practiced our letters on our tabletop whiteboard and easel that we have from Melissa and Doug (love that thing).
Rhymes and Songs
Diddle diddle Dumpling, my son John
Went to bed with his stockings on.
One shoe off and one shoe on,
Diddle diddle dumpling, my son John.
Oh I ran around the corner
And I ran around the block
And I ran right into a donut shop.
I picked up a donut and I licked off the grease,
And I handed the lady a five-cent piece.
Well she looked at the nickle
And she looked at me,
And she said, "This nickel isn't good to me!
There's a hole in the nickle, and it goes right through!"
And I said, "There's a hole in my donut too!
Thanks for the donut! Good day!"
One Stuck Duck by Phyllis Root
Go, Dog, Go by P.D. Eastman
Danny and the Dinosaur by Syd Hoff