Homeschool Creations

Friday, August 29, 2008

Studying China: Week 2

We've wrapped up our tour around China and we're getting ready to study pandas next week and work on another lapbook together. Here is what we did together this week in our study of China. 

Monday
  • Review from previous week
  • Write our names in Chinese
  • read about Jeanette Li {10 Girls Who Changed History}
  • reviewed Asia geography song {Geography Songs}

Tuesday
  • Talked about the Great Wall of China
  • read about Eric Liddell
  • reviewed Asia geography song
  • Talked about Chinese currency {click on image for pdf file}


Wednesday
  • talked about Mt. Everest
  • read about Hudson Taylor
  • reviewed Asia geography song

Thursday
  • put our goegraphy notebooking pages in our notebook
  • stamped our passports
  • Made egg drop soup
  • reviewed the Asia geography song

Great Links/Resources

Books We Used


 

Jolanthe Signature affiliate button

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Ok, your school looks like so much more fun than my school! :)

    I've been following a curriculum where everything is planned for me. While I like the idea of having my daily stuff figured out already, I haven't figured out how to add all of that fun stuff in.

    I will have to look around for some art books and get more creative with some of the boring subjects. :) (Joseph is bored with Math and Phonics... he knows so much of what we are covering already)

    By Blogger Foxy5, At August 31, 2008 at 9:07 PM  

  • So does it tell you which books to choose with Galloping the Globe or did you choose these on your own?

    Thanks for visiting my blog. You said you were interested in the math curriculum, but you didn't specify which one. Let me know...

    Thanks!

    By Blogger Natalie, At September 10, 2008 at 3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home