The Old Schoolhouse Magazine Giveaway!!!
A few months ago I purchased a digital subscription to The Old Schoolhouse magazine. I love it so much, that one of you lucky ladies will win a full year's subscription to it!!
Are you interested? Keep reading to see how you can win your own digital subscription to this great magazine.
I have had quite a few magazine subscriptions over the years and inevitably they end up piling up on my end tables, get shoved in drawers, thrown away (gasp!), or sadly find themselves hiding under a bed somewhere. When The Old Schoolhouse magazine went digital, I subscribed right away. It's all about convenience at times, isn't it?
Each digital issue features everything that the paper version features - and MORE!! Rather than having to dog-ear pages of my magazine, tear out articles, or find storage space for past issues, I can now:
- link immediately to URL's and emails that are mentioned in articles or advertisements (This is one of my favorite features! While going through the summer issue I found even more sites to visit...and here I am on vacation browsing through my issue).
- save the issue directly to my hard drive to look at whenever I want to
- access archived issues
- share articles by emailing them to friends
- print pages and articles that are important to me
- search articles for specific words or phrases - and find them all with the click of a button!
The digital version of The Old Schoolhouse magazine has other great benefits too. The paper version of the magazine is $25, but the digital version is only $16.95 (that would be a savings of 32%). Each issue of TOS magazine is delivered right to your inbox - no more waiting around for the next issue to arrive. As soon as it's available, you have it. There are four quarterly issues and also 19 FREE digital gifts.
I've been browsing through my Summer '08 issue of TOS and here are just a few of the many things offered in this issue:
- Teaching your children to love reading
- Great product reviews
- Adoption: domestic and international stories
- Teaching the special needs child
- Working with gifted children
- Unit Studies: flight and aviation
- Contests (need I say more?)
- Real Science: Intelligent Design and Creationism
- Current legal issues in homeschooling
- Handling attention challenges in children
- and these are just a small glimpse of the scope of the articles!
As an added bonus, subscribers to The Old Schoolhouse digital magazine also receive The Teacher's Toolbox, an additional monthly resource delivered right to your inbox that supplements the magazine. It includes bonus downloadable items, ideas for field trips, teaching ideas and encouragement for homeschool families.
Honestly, I can't say enough how much I am enjoying my subscription to The Old Schoolhouse magazine. While every article might not apply to me, I have gleaned so much information from it, and love that I can always access past issues at the touch of a button.
Are you ready to win a FREE YEAR??
If you would like to win a one-year subscription of the digital Old Schoolhouse magazine, here's what you can do:
Chance #1. Leave a comment on this post (or on the duplicate post on No Ordinary Moments blog). Please be sure to let me know how to get in touch with you - if you comment as "anonymous" it makes it a little difficult to find you. :) Leaving an email or blog address makes it much easier to find you. And an entry on both sites is perfectly fine...and each will count as a separate entry, so go visit my other blog too!
Chance #2. Get your name in an extra time by posting a quick little blurb about this giveaway on your own blog. Be sure to let me know so that I can come and visit you also! If you have more than one blog and want to post it on them all, be my guest!
Chance #3. If you send someone over to enter the contest, tell them to let me know who sent them when they leave a comment and you will earn an extra entry. Refer away!
This contest will run for the next 2 weeks and a winner will be drawn on Wednesday, August 27th, so feel free to pass along the information to others.