Homeschool Creations

Friday, April 9, 2010

Preschool Corner ~ No Bells and Whistles

I can tell you all honestly that things aren’t always all bells and whistles here. :) There are weeks when I feel like I pull out all the stops…and then others when we’re doing a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

Not to mention the weather was GORGEOUS this week, so we took a nature walk and got LOTS of exercise!

Zachary was chomping at the bit to go outside every day, so he was literally throwing work on the table and begging to do things ~ as in three math pages a day {thinking he was getting off easily…}.  Because he was so eager…he failed to realize that he was doing some rather lovely subtraction problems ~ and he was doing them well.

Reading well…and learning more verses to finish up his Awana book {he was so proud}.

Little Mr. Kaleb had much fun doing some practical learning this week ~ sorting clothes with Mommy. Short sleeves vs. long sleeves. Shorts vs. pants. Jackets vs. sweatshirts. Girls vs. boys. Lots and lots of sorting. Helping Mommy wash clothes {lights and darks} and organize. The boy loves to help organize! :)

Despite the fact that we’re technically near the end of the year, we’ve switched around our routine a little bit so that the boys are doing all of their ‘stuff’ with me at the beginning of our day ~ after our calendar time. When we’re done, they have a set activity to play together and then have free time while I work with the girls. All in all, it’s working out much better for us all and it’s been one of those ‘duh’ weeks for me {as in, why didn’t we do this sooner?}.

Before I forget, here are a few more alphabet crafts. Click on the picture to go to the ABC post.

Penguin craft Quail craft

Rabbit craft Snail craft

How did your week go? :) Did you conquer a MOUNTAIN of activities or go from day-to-day and have fun together? Leave a comment and let me know!

Don’t forget that we’ll have a bunch of great giveaways linked up here starting Sunday. I have a couple preschool-related giveaways planned, so stay tuned!

Ready to Link Up?

Share what you are doing with your kids! Please link your exact blog post to the Mr. Linky below and link back here too! The updated guidelines can be found here if you need them.
 
 Photobucket

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

  • I love the idea of taking sorting clothes one step further from by color to sleeve length, boys from girls, pants from shorts. I will have to remember this.

    By Blogger Debbie, At April 9, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

  • It was a little bit of everything here as well. I need to get my kids in on the clothes sorting. They put theirs away, but only after I sort it, usually.

    By Blogger Ticia, At April 9, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

  • I have been slacking off.. I haven't done anything planned with Sammy for a few weeks.. I am hoping to get back on track next week!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At April 9, 2010 at 12:47 PM  

  • After a long break, I am back in the saddle again (so happy you added 5k!) It was nice to take a break - it has helped me so much. I am back with a new plan, too, and looking forward to a new learning adventure. =)

    Here is my plan for participating too - I am hoping to read all the posts above mine in McKlinky and I hope to leave at least 5 comments. Then for anyone who leaves me a comment (after my link) I will read their post and comment back - just trying to get some organization and make the most of my online time and make it fun for everyone participating.

    Thanks so much for hosting!

    By Blogger Michelle Gibson, At April 9, 2010 at 1:41 PM  

  • Our "preschool" operates on 15 min a day principle even though it might not look like that on my blog. It sounds like you found a routine that works well for everyone!

    By Blogger Natalie PlanetSmarty, At April 9, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

  • school time has just begun again with my son who turned 3 a few months ago... we took a L-O-N-G break and he enjoyed this week as long as it was about 5 minutes on something where he has to sit... started with the A is for Alligator craft this week, he did lots of pages in his new KUMON workbook (and I did pick up and use page protectors) and he loved, loved hitting foam abc's with a tennis racket (idea from 1+1+1 blog)... we will continue to do the abc crafts each week and see how it goes. thanks for all the great ideas.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At April 9, 2010 at 7:00 PM  

  • I love the cute ABC crafts! I've been trying to do 2 preschool activities a day with Matthew (other than reading books, which we do on and off all day). It sounds reasonable, but this week we got off track... I have to learn not to let this stress me out, lol - there's no hurry!!

    By Blogger Nicole {tired, need sleep}, At April 11, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home