Homeschool Creations

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Where We Are in Our Travel Studies

You may have noticed that I haven’t been posting about our geography studies. We have still been doing them, I’ve just been doing so much else that it got put on a back burner for a bit.

If you are following behind me, I’ll be posting in the next few weeks/month about the rest of our studies in Africa ~ Kenya, Morocco, South Africa and Tanzania. Right now we’re learning about Australia, so stay tuned!

In case you haven’t visited it yet, be sure to check out my geography pages on my website. Eventually all of my printables will be hosted there ~ and they are nicely sorted by continent and country for you all. Here are the links:

Main Geography Page ~ You’ll find my weekly planning pages here as well as some notebooking pages, flag matching cards, and links to the various continents we’ve studied: Europe, Asia, and Africa.

Links for the other continents will go active as soon as we ‘travel’ there!

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • As an Aussie mum, I recently did a theme on Australia with my children. If you are interested, the link to this theme can be accessed here:

    http://etadventures.blogspot.com/2010/01/tot-school_30.html

    I also found a kit containing activities using Aboriginal and Islander cultural activities which I thought was excellent and can be accessed here:

    http://srs.snaicc.asn.au/_uploads/nwslt/00315.pdf

    By Blogger Elise, At March 23, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

  • Jolanthe,

    I'm saving your geography link to use next school year. I enjoy reading through the lessons you've created.

    My children and I are currently going through the United States and hope to finish by August. We live in a mighty big country.

    By Blogger Milk and Honey Mommy, At March 23, 2010 at 10:17 AM  

  • Excellent! Thanks for sharing what you've done and making all these great printables free and easy for others to use. I intended on doing GTG this year but made the decision to wait until 2nd grade for my son. I'm really excited to travel with him next year and we'll be putting the printables to good use. Thank you!

    By Blogger Sincerely Anna, At March 23, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

  • I HAD noticed! : ) I'm looking forward to seeing your future posts, as you've been my inspiration for geography this year! I've covered some of the same countries and used loads of your ideas and printables. I've also done some different countries (including Australia) using similar ideas (and your wonderful printables). Here's the link to my geography posts if you're interested (and I've linked to your site several times because your printables and ideas are so absolutely cool):
    http://homeschooladventures3.blogspot.com/search/label/geography
    Actually I'm quite behind with my geography posting too!

    By Blogger Debbie, At March 23, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home