Homeschool Creations

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Daydreaming of Wide Open Spaces

I literally laughed out loud at a comment I received from one of you all recently.

“I thought of you this weekend as I drove through your next of the woods! I couldn't help but to day dream of you and your beautiful family playing on one of the wonderful farms (of course you probably don't live on a farm...it was just part of the romantic day dream)…”

Sadly, we’re not on a  farm ~ probably much to many of my neighbors dismay. I’m sure that THEY would appreciate our family having lots of wide open space to run amuck.

If you were driving past my house, you would more than likely find me doing one of the following in our back yard:

  • telling my son to get down off the roof of the van {again}
  • yelling for my son to get off of the roof of the shed
  • yelling at my daughter to get off the roof of the shed
  • wishing my children would just climb the tree instead of every other possible fixture in our backyard
  • hiding the little play lawnmower from my children so that the incessant fighting will end peace and harmony will abound

Not that I yell at my children {ahem}.

Day dreaming about a little farm is sounding rather lovely right now…

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • HAHA!! That's why I want to move to the country. Well, atleast out far enough where my neighbors can't hear me yelling at my kids while my windows are down. Not that I yell at my kids or anything. :)

    By Blogger Jen@Scrapingirl, At March 17, 2010 at 9:47 PM  

  • this is such a cute post. I've often wondered what my neighbors think when we are all outside! :)

    By Blogger Jenilee, At March 17, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

  • That is too funny!!! It's about how my day went! At least we can laugh about it.

    By Blogger Unknown, At March 17, 2010 at 10:29 PM  

  • And I never yell at mine either :).
    I'm impressed he could climb up onto the top of the van.

    By Blogger Ticia, At March 17, 2010 at 11:21 PM  

  • And just so you know I never yell at Selena either especially when she has climbed ontop the piano and is standing up there as proud as a peacock! Such a funny post! (chuckle, chuckle)

    By Blogger Debbie, At March 17, 2010 at 11:44 PM  

  • Jolanthe,

    I'm so glad that there are other mothers whose children climb on things they're not supposed to, argue about the most ridiculous things, and have a mommy who often - probably more than she should - yells at them all to bring about some order.

    We use to live in the country and it was more ideal when it came to yelling. At least, my neighbors weren’t able to hear us because we were so far apart.

    By Blogger Milk and Honey Mommy, At March 18, 2010 at 10:31 AM  

  • My grandparents had a farm (in far SW Va) and I have such fond memories of "not getting into too much trouble" with my sisters and cousins.

    Of course I never yell at my kids but it would be nice to be able to speak loudly at them without so many neighbors on top of us to hear!

    My son doesn't climb but he likes to throw things and dig holes. A creek would be awesome!

    By Blogger Lori, At March 18, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home