Homeschool Creations

Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Power of Words

Words have the ability to inspire or to depress; to make one happy and feel validated or to deplete and discourage.  When we live with our children day after day, we either build an inheritance, a treasure chest of inspiration, confidence, validation, OR memories of anger, criticism, while storing up in their souls hostility, insecurity, and bitterness.

-Sally Clarkson

 

Inspire. Validate. Build.

That seems so simple to do and yet I fail MISERABLY all too often. While this is something to do for a lifetime, I often need the reminder to take things one day at a time ~ truthfully, one minute at a time because things can change so quickly in this house.

Minute by minute. Hour by hour. Day by day. Week by week. Each word that I speak has such power to speak into the lives of my children.

Each day this week I am striving to intentionally encourage my children. One word at a time.

Thanks so much to Joy from Grace Full Mama for reminding me of this quote! Please read the rest of the article she wrote about Encouraging Words along with her challenge too!

Jolanthe Signature affiliate button

Visit these great companies!

 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home