Homeschool Creations

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Purchasing Velcro in Bulk {Reader Questions}

There are several things that I use quite a bit of ~ laminating pouches and velcro. After the year that I spent what seemed close to a gazillion dollars in velcro dots at Walmart, I went looking elsewhere to find better prices.

A heads up ~ buying velcro in large quantities is not for the faint-at-heart. I found a friend who has an obsession about the same level as my own and we split the cost and the goods between us. For the same price as purchasing about 4 boxes of velcro at Walmart, I had about 50 times the amount of velcro.

Needless to say, I won’t need more anytime soon. :)

Here are some great sources online to purchase velcro in bulk. Typical velcro dots at the store are about 5/8” in size. I purchased the 3/8” white velcro dots for our Weekly Grid Workbox System from Textol Systems. Textol does have the larger 5/8” velcro dots, but we purchased them much cheaper at Feiner Supply {and Feiner often has a free shipping offer on orders over $50}.

A few things to note:

  • You need to purchase both sides of the velcro ~ the hook {scratchy side} and the loop {fuzzy/soft side}
  • Most of the velcro comes in black or white {I usually buy white}
  • The velcro comes with an adhesive back

Hope that helps a few of you out!


Jolanthe Signature affiliate button

Visit these great companies!

 

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



    << Home