Homeschool Creations

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Practicing Patience with Our Children…and Ourselves

“Jesus had to be patient with fully grown but spiritually immature men who seemed slow to respond to his training, so we must practice patience with our children ~ and ourselves. The very nature of training is that it usually involves immature individuals, which means it takes a long time to accomplish its goals!”

~ Sally Clarkson, Ministry of Motherhood, p. 146

Ahhh…I have to say that this was a rather ‘duh’ moment for me, but encouraging all at the same time. How many times in a day do I want to bang my head on the table and ask “SERIOUSLY??? Haven’t we been over this before?”  I’m willing to bet that phrase has dropped out of my mouth many, many times.

Read more here….

Jolanthe Signature affiliate button

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • I do too and then I feel so bad for getting frustrated at them. I keep trying to think of the phrase that there are no stupid questions. Even though they seem stupid or redundant to me, they aren't to my children. But some days it's harder than others to remember that!!

    By Blogger Jenica, At July 16, 2011 at 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home