Homeschool Creations

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Coming Up In October 2010 {and a goal or two}

An introduction {and thank you} to our sponsors…

Learn to draw cartoons the fun way!

Pick and Draw is a fun family game that kids of ALL ages will enjoy. Even if you don’t know how to draw, Pick and Draw will show you how!

Guidecraft Educational Toys

Guidecraft has beautifully crafted wood products for over 45 years. They have over 850 high quality educational toys and furnishings, which allow children's minds and imaginations room to truly wonder and grow.

Nancy Larson Homeschool Science

Nancy Larson Science provides homeschool science curriculum that is engaging and challenging for your child while being fun and easy for you to teach. You can read my full review of this curriculum here.

Homeschool Preschool and Beyond

Homepreschool and Beyond by Susan Lemons gives parents the knowledge they need to find balance for their family. Find out what young children need to know and how to teach it. Gain the confidence you need to relax and enjoy those precious preschool years and beyond.

My ‘to post’ list for the month of October…

What I would like to do and what I can do are sometimes worlds apart…but here is what I would LIKE to do:

~ Lesson plans for the FINAL continent we studied with Galloping the Globe. All that’s left is Canada and the US and the printables for Canada are posted on my geography website page. I tell you…the plans are coming, I just need uninterrupted time to get them done {haha}.

~ Poem printables for First Language Lessons 4

~ Full pdf set {and individual ones too!} of verse printables for the Awana Cubbies Hopper book {so far 17 are done}

~ Verse pdfs for the Awana SkyStormer book {my goal is to complete 10 of these!}

~ A few more great giveaways {Pick and Draw and Homepreschool and Beyond}

~ and of course all the regular weekly stuff…Science Sunday, Homeschool Village {when I can!!}, Preschool Corner, and Raising Rock Stars too!

My Goal for the month of October…

This past month has felt like a full round of insanity around these parts. We had much going and I tried to keep track of my time using Toggl {I have it both on my desktop and also on my iTouch}. I’ve done pretty good keeping up and tracking our homeschool time, my Bible reading time, housework, and all the other random things in our life. It’s been helping me be accountable {which is a good thing} and see what areas I need help tweaking a bit.

Exercise would be one of them.

I REALLY need accountability in this area ~ meaning another body to suffer along side of me. I believe that I’ve convinced my hubby to groan along with me, so my goal is to get back on track with exercise.

What’s one thing that you really want to do this month?

Jolanthe Signature affiliate button

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • I have so much to get done this month... I have reviews to finish. I will probably get behind cause we are moving 1300 miles in a week. Can't wait to read your post.

    By Blogger The Bertone's, At October 2, 2010 at 8:18 PM  

  • First of all, what happened to SEPTEMBER? I seem to have blinked and it was GONE!

    Second of all, can you please stop reviewing cool stuff that I feel like I HAVE to have? Please? LOL At least let me win one of your giveaways once in a while. ;0)

    My blog goals for October are to start keeping better track of "tot school" and to possibly link up, if I can get all my pictures uploaded from the camera and organized. I already stay fairly organized for my 3rd grader because we have to report to the school district on a regular basis. It's more than just required reporting, though -- I want to record these things because the girls are growing and learning so fast and we really have a lot of fun that I want to always remember!

    And the exercise thing? Well, I just think it stinks that reading doesn't count as an aerobic activity.

    By Blogger Sara @ Embracing Destiny, At October 3, 2010 at 11:50 AM  

  • I just found your blog and let me say, I absolutely love it. The big thing for us this month is workboxes. I'm setting ours up a lot like yours. I love your weekly grid system and the way you do chores. I have one question though. How do you make your tags? I would like to print off just the ones that we use and there are others, like ballet for example. Thanks a buch, and thanks for sharing all your craftiness!!

    By Blogger Dasha, At October 3, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

  • I'm hoping to get myself on a better schedule. I have really sucked at time management lately and as a result I haven't really had much progress with schooling my boys.

    I need to get myself together, in bed at a decent hour and caught up on all my school work so I can focus on working with my boys.

    Getting some steady exercise wouldn't be so bad either!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At October 3, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

  • Looks like a great list of goals for this month!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At October 4, 2010 at 4:29 PM  

  • 2 things- I want to finish unpacking and "moving in" to our home. We've been here a year and this place still looks like we just moved in! The other is get some sort of documentation system going for our homeschool. I dove right in and have done a HORRIBLE (as in non-exisitent) job of keeping up with what we did and when. Our first kindergartener is the oldest of 4 and I really don't want to have to try and remember how I did things for each kid!

    By Anonymous Ashley, At October 4, 2010 at 11:22 PM  

  • 2 things- I want to finish unpacking and "moving in" to our home. We've been here a year and this place still looks like we just moved in! The other is get some sort of documentation system going for our homeschool. I dove right in and have done a HORRIBLE (as in non-exisitent) job of keeping up with what we did and when. Our first kindergartener is the oldest of 4 and I really don't want to have to try and remember how I did things for each kid!

    By Anonymous Ashley, At December 15, 2010 at 12:55 PM  

  • I just found your blog and let me say, I absolutely love it. The big thing for us this month is workboxes. I'm setting ours up a lot like yours. I love your weekly grid system and the way you do chores. I have one question though. How do you make your tags? I would like to print off just the ones that we use and there are others, like ballet for example. Thanks a buch, and thanks for sharing all your craftiness!!

    By Anonymous Dasha, At December 15, 2010 at 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home