Homeschool Creations

Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Legend of the Candy Cane


We're almost done with our lapbooks for "The Legend of the Candy Cane". Well, mine is done (I don't want to brag!! hee hee). The girls have been so amazingly excited about these lapbooks. Which is EXACTLY what I was hoping would happen with this transition.

Laurianna is constantly asking when we are going to work on it next...she is very excited to add to her book and it doesn't seem like "work". My in-laws visited us briefly last night on their way back from Florida, and while I was in the kitchen getting dinner ready, I overheard Laurianna telling Grandma all about her lapbook as she flipped through and explained every little piece and part of her "in-process" book. That was a moment that I was so happy to overhear!!

Today we made peppermint playdough to go along with this unit. I will post pictures of my lapbook tomorrow and when the girls are done, I'm planning to videotape them "showing off" their own lapbooks and telling all about their creations. Both girls have had a great time cutting, pasting, coloring, exploring new things - and it all is so much FUN (for everyone involved!).
Homeschool Share is an AMAZING website if you would like some more lapbooking units. You can click here for a link directly to the Legend of the Candy Cane info that I am using right now. They also have a great Gingerbread Baby unit....which we may have to look into for late January.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home