Homeschool Creations

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Raising Rock Stars ~ Books of the Bible

Raising Rock Stars

We’ve missed attending Awana the last few weeks because of all the snow, snow, snow.  The girls {Laurianna especially} have used the time to memorize more in their Sparks books ~ mainly the books of the Old Testament.

Somehow though, we have gotten away from reading out of one of our Bibles in the morning…and that is bothering me a LOT. And that will be changing immediately. Our Bibles had been stacked on the dining room table so we would just grab on in the morning, and they someone managed to get moved … so they will find a home again on the table to be a constant reminder. :)

This morning I let the kid’s pick the story to read and they wanted to hear about Joseph from several different kid Bible versions. I’m guessing that has a lot to do with our seeing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat this weekend with the older three {a local high school musical}. I am very tempted to download one of the songs from the musical just so the kids can learn the names of the 12 sons of Jacob! :)

Some of the people in the Bible that we have been talking about over the last few weeks:
  • Josiah ~ God’s word lasts forever {even if we forget about it}.  We are all sinners and don’t always love & obey God’s word like we should ~ that is why He sent His Son to be our Savior! 1 Peter 1:25
  • Daniel ~ God is faithful and will always be with us {even in a lion’s den!} ~ 1 Thessalonians 5: 17-18
  • Nehemiah ~ as the king’s cupbearer, he was an important servant in the Persian kingdom and still working for God! Colossianns 3:23

Don’t forget to visit Carisa at 1+1+1=1 and see what she’s been doing with her kids for Raising Rock Stars ~ as well as some other moms around the web!

Photobucket

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

  • This is awesome. My daughter just finished her HangGlider book tonight at Awana...she was SOOOO excited!

    By Blogger Abounding Love, At February 24, 2010 at 11:22 PM  

  • These are FANTASTIC!! Thank you so much for sharing these with us!!

    By Blogger Tara, At February 24, 2010 at 11:36 PM  

  • AWANA rocks... I just did a post on how my TNTer has started memorizing His verses. My 1st year Sparky just finished his book and is now working through the frequent flyer pamplet, so worth the extra cost!!!!

    By Anonymous L2L, At February 25, 2010 at 7:39 AM  

  • Thanks so much for sharing, I'll pass this on to our Awana group! My littlest is just about finished with her book and my older boy is still in the old book, the new one is much improved. (having had 4 others go through them)

    By Blogger Reeniel, At February 25, 2010 at 8:06 AM  

  • Hi Jolanthe,
    I work at Awana headquarters and love your blog! Would you have 15 minutes in your schedule sometime in the next week or so to talk with me? I'd like to hear more about how you use Awana in your Bible curriculum for homeschool teaching. Feel free to email me at: kima@awana.org and let me know what might work. I could also email you a few questions if that would be easier. I look forward to hearing from you!
    Kim Anderson

    By Blogger kranderson, At February 25, 2010 at 10:21 AM  

  • I taught AWANA for 4 years and loved every minute of it! I really miss it a lot. I'm hoping to find a church around where I live that we can get my youngest (5 years) involved in AWANA as I think it'd be something amazing for him to partake in.

    By Blogger **** April ****, At February 25, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

  • We love Awana! My son finished his HangGlider and Review book,but we are going to print these out and have them for him to keep reviewing so the verse aren't forgotton! I just emailed your link to our Awana director too! thanks so much for spending the time to make these!

    By Blogger Tia, At February 25, 2010 at 3:25 PM  

  • Hey! I love your printables! My oldest son is in Cubbies now & I do pre-school with him at home. I plan to homeschool him for kindergarten (we're stepping out in faith - so for now it's one year at a time!). We're hoping to use the AWANA At Home program to supplement his books then. You should check it out....

    http://www.awana.org/athome/

    By Anonymous Beth, At February 25, 2010 at 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home