Homeschool Creations

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tot School ::29::


~ Kaleb is 32 months ~

We're more into the 'swing' of using our workboxes now with Kaleb. Want to have a little peek at how his are set up?



There are actually 12 boxes on the shelving unit, but the four big ones on the bottom are for the other kids if they have bulkier items. Besides, filling 12 boxes for him would be a LOT to do in one day. :) Depending on what is in the boxes, I might only put four out at a time and then pull the other four out after snack time.



Here's a close up of one of the boxes. I posted the little Nemo number tags in my Preschool Workbox tag post last week.



Kaleb had fun lacing the beads..and Mommy likes them since they keep him busy for a little while. :) For those of you who have asked, you can find the beads on Amazon.

Every time I upload pictures I notice that binky in the boy's mouth. Funny how we're so used to it being around all.the.time at home, and I only really notice it when we take pictures.



I took all of our shapes off the wall to reorganize our 'school area' and wanted to find out what shapes Kaleb knew. He could name several {circle, star, square} but had trouble with the other names, so we played a game together. I put all the shapes on the floor and called out a shape name and he stood on that shape - and yeah for Kaleb! He knew them all {receptively}!! :) Now we'll just work on the naming {expressively}.



This is probably one of my favorite pictures from the week. Kaleb has watched the Letter Factory dvd this last week and when I opened up the freezer I found the letter 'C' sitting on the shelf. When I asked him what was in my freezer, he pointed to the 'C' and said, "C-c-c-Cold!"



At the end of the week we took a 'field trip' to a local park that the kids love. This is the picture that just makes me smile!

Although I didn't post pictures of everything we did, here were a few of the other things in Kaleb's boxes this week: stacking buckets {and knocking them down}, bike riding {he's pedaling on his own now!!}, coloring, alphabet matching, color sorting, leap pad, and his leap frog dvd.

Hope you all had a great week! Can't wait to see what you are doing in your Tot School time! Don't forget to visit Carissa at 1+1+1=1 for some more Tot School posts.

Photobucket

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home