Homeschool Creations

Friday, July 31, 2009

Preschool Corner: Workbox Number Cards

I had every intention of posting a different printable this week, but I've been so wrapped up in getting our workboxes pulled together that my focus was a little swayed.

Some of you may be wondering what workboxes are {I'll soon be posting about the system and how we're using it this year} and some of you have already been sucked into the workbox realm. Making the workboxes fun and appealing to both me and the kids is important, so I asked both boys what they wanted on their number cards. The answers were 'Chicken Little' and 'Nemo'. And then Zachary saw the Chicken Little ones and decided he wanted Monsters, Inc. instead. Since I can fit two sets on a page, I had to throw in a Bug's Life too.



Click on the graphic to download and print the document.

The printable has two pages of number cards with the four different character sets above. I'll be printing off two copies - one for the boxes and one for their number strips. Stay tuned to see how we're all piecing it together!

If you are wondering about the different colors, we color code our kids. Yes, I'm serious. Each one has their own color - makes it a whole lot easier to figure out what belongs to who. Blue is for Zachary and green is for Kaleb.

While I'm in the midst of planning and re-organizing our upcoming school year, the world around me hasn't stopped. So share, share, share!! What all have you been doing this last week?

About the Preschool Corner:

The Preschool Corner is a place for us to share the ideas we are using during our "preschool time" with our kids. You can join in the fun and record what you are doing in your house. Please link your exact blog post to the Mr. Linky below (if you have questions feel free to ask). Be sure to link back to this blog post so that your readers can find some other great ideas too!

The guidelines can be found here if you need them.

Share what you've been doing in your house this week!


Photobucket

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

  • I am using the workbox system this year with my oldest two (6&4). I am excited to be trying it!! Can't wait to see your post about it!

    By Blogger Jenn, At July 31, 2009 at 7:10 AM  

  • These are cute cards! Clicking on the image gave me an error, but the other link loaded the .pdf after a while. Of course, Nemo was my favorite :) I am curious how your workbox system will work out and can't wait to read more.

    By Blogger Natalie PlanetSmarty, At July 31, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

  • I'd love to read more about how you set up your workbox system. Am I missing a post about it or could you write one soon? Pretty please! :)

    By Blogger Summer, At July 31, 2009 at 12:05 PM  

  • I really want to start Tot School this Fall. I have my own 3 yr old and starting in the fall I will be watching our friends 2 & 4 yr olds. I have started collecting things for work boxes and really need ideas on what to put in them. Thanks http://www.5sillyfrogs.blogspot.com/ Love your blog. I read it all the time.

    By Blogger Cindy, At July 31, 2009 at 12:08 PM  

  • Thanks for the printable! We are also starting the WB system, and so far it's been really great! Mine are K4 and preschool.

    By Blogger Unknown, At July 31, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

  • Oooh! I can't wait to hear about your workboxes!

    By Anonymous Sarah R, At July 31, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

  • ha ha, now I see why you bought the laminator, et al. The numbers are cute! I can't wait to see what else you come up with for the workboxes ~ it's sure to be good.

    By Blogger Michelle Gibson, At July 31, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

  • I can't get it to work, i just get an error. Is there another way that I'm missing? These look great!

    By Blogger Jenna, At July 31, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

  • Jenna -

    I can't reply to you since there isn't an email attached to your name. If you can email me directly I'll send you the pdf.

    You can also try this link:

    http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0BxwUIfkh7AD9OGRhZTczOGUtMzViNS00M2RjLTg1MjAtMDEyMjFmYTY2YmI5&hl=en

    Jolanthe

    By Blogger Jolanthe, At July 31, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

  • Yes...wondering what workboxes are...

    So in my house - K = pink
    T = purple

    for all folders, binders, etc...so funny that you do that too :)

    I think D will be blue!

    By Blogger Mary@notbefore7, At August 1, 2009 at 5:18 PM  

  • Thank you for sharing! Btw, what software did you use to make these? I would like to put Star Wars and Hello Kitty in the pictures for my monkeys.

    By Blogger GothicHipChick, At August 16, 2010 at 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home