Homeschool Creations

Monday, May 4, 2009

Top Ten Homeschool Crew Picks



This past year I was blessed to be a part of the Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew. During the year I had the chance to review close to 40 different products for homeschoolers and through the process found some amazing products that we will use with our family for years to come.

You may have read some of these product reviews, but here are my top ten picks from the variety of products we received {mind you, narrowing it down to ten was hard...but I do have some favorites!!}. If you would like to read the actual review, click on the title and it will pull up each review post for you.

And in no particular order...



All About Spelling and All About Homophones ~ hands down, this has been one of our kids most favorite subjects now. All thanks to this great program. We worked our way through level one and are now midway through level two. I just can't recommend it highly enough! If you would like more information on ordering it, you can click on the link in my left sidebar.



Apologia ~ We've been using Flying Creatures as our science curriculum and will continue to use their books. The girls have already learned so much and already approach science differently.


Critical Thinking ~ The girls literally beg to do Thinking Skills and look forward to it every day. What more could a mother ask for?



Crayola Art Studio ~ This computer software from Core Learning has gotten an incredible amount of use in our house. Zachary is even involved in playing with it now. Love it!



Schleich Action Figures ~ I posted this review on my other blog, but our kids (especially the boys) love the animals. Zachary is already asking when he will have saved up enough money to buy the mommies for some of the baby animals we have. These pieces are quality made and so realistic!



Teaching Times Tables ~ Trigger Memory Systems has other great products too, but this system makes learning times tables so EASY and fun. The kids don't even realize what they are doing, but it is amazing how the math facts stick in the kid's brains.



WriteShop Primary and WriteShop StoryBuilders ~ I loved the layout of the programs and the girls just really enjoyed the process. The plans are well-thought out and laid out so there is little guess-work involved. Just creativity and fun! I am looking forward to the upcoming books in the Primary series too.



Memoria Press Prima Latin ~ I had to add this one because it did something that I never thought I would hear myself say. I am going to teach Latin {at least use Prima Latin} with our kids this next school year. The product impressed me that much.



And while I know the above list has the ten items, I would also recommend one company that would be wonderful if you are just starting out homeschooling ~ Homeschooling ABC's. This would have been wonderful to have around several years ago when I was trying to sort out all that I was doing.

This year has been such a growing and learning experience for me working with the Homeschool Crew. I've discovered more about our children's learning styles and used/added products that I never would have considered before this year ~ and am so thankful that I gave them a chance! Next year I will be staying on as a reviewer for the Homeschool Crew {HUGE grin} ~ stay tuned for more reviews this fall!


Photobucket

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Jolanthe - thank you for these links!

    Our children love the figures too! We have a seven yr collection of the animals. They are perfect for 3+ - once they get out of the in the mouth stage.

    I appeciate all of your reviews and help that you offer!

    Blessings and love,
    Jill

    PS I added your link to my new homeschool blog :)

    By Blogger Unknown, At May 4, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

  • Thank you so much for introducing these products to us. I've been looking for a latin program, but didn't want to buy something that was a waste of money, I'll try this one :)

    By Blogger Noel, At May 4, 2009 at 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home