Homeschool Creations

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tot School ::22::


~ Kaleb is 29 months ~

So that a little certain someone doesn't get left out (and get the leftovers of my attention) I tried to plan three intentional activities to do with Kaleb every day this week. Some days that worked better than others (depending on our schedule). We did other things also, but my goal was three intentionally planned things. :) These are a few of the things we had planned.

The big news this week is PEDALING - all by himself!! :) Kaleb finally figured it out and has been riding around the backyard and taking rides with us too.



I have some two piece puzzles that match 'what belongs together' (i.e. socks/feet, toothbrush/toothpaste, etc...). I only pulled out 4 puzzles so that he wouldn't get overwhelmed/confused. We won't mention the fact that I can only find six out of the many puzzles...since there are at least six puzzles missing their match.



We pulled out the ring toss game to match colors and also play. Kaleb didn't want to try it from a distance, so we just sat nearby and played for a bit.



Kaleb loves the emotion bears. He has so much fun dressing up the bears (and matching/making outfits), but was so funny to watch imitating the different emotions that the bears show. He kept pretending that it was Daddy - and for some reason kept making Daddy cry all the time.



We pulled out the lacing beads and Kaleb did great naming several of the shapes (circle and star). He LOVES the stars!! We're still working on the names of the colors though!



The lacing beads served a double purpose and we ended up building towers with them too (with the eventual knocking down of said towers - doesn't every toddler??).



We did other activities too this week, but ended up our week celebrating all the HOT weather (90's) with a water gun fight. The kids got the little guns while Mommy and Daddy got to use the super soakers. By the end of the afternoon, Kaleb was s-o-a-k-e-d because he kept asking to be hosed by the soakers. :)



That's it for this week! I'm off to plan for this week since I found some fun puzzles at a yard sale!! Don't forget to visit Carissa at 1+1+1=1 for some more Tot School posts.

Photobucket

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog! Love the photos. Where did you get your shape beads? I think my dd would love those.

    ~Maureen

    By Blogger Mozer, At April 26, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

  • What a great mom you are to plan intentional things for your youngest so he doesn't get your leftovers. Bravo!

    By Blogger Goat Gal, At April 26, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

  • I think those are the Melissa and Doug lacing beads, you can find them at most toy stores, Target, and I know Michaels (I keep debating on getting them).

    Love the activities. Mine love to get squirted too.

    By Blogger Ticia, At April 26, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

  • How did you get your little one to peddle?? My oldest just turned 3 and begged for a bike so I got him one and he refuses to peddle and I'm at a loss at how to help him.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At April 26, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

  • I love your choices in wooden toys! I love that ring toss set you have. Did you make that out of coat hooks or did you buy it that way? I bought a plastic one and daddy showed them how to use it but I think I need to use it with them and get them excited about it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At April 26, 2009 at 10:51 PM  

  • Looks like Kaleb had a great week! And pedaling that is awesome! We got Sammy those beads for his birthday can't wait for him to test them out this week :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At April 28, 2009 at 8:08 AM  

  • I love the ring toss game! Can I ask where you got it?

    By Blogger Melissa, At August 23, 2009 at 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home