Homeschool Creations

Monday, May 4, 2009

Preschool Corner: Favorite Preschool Resources

I've been completing standardized testing with the girls this week, so we've haven't done much 'school' this week at all.

Unless you count two trips to the children's museum as school. {grins}

Otherwise, we've just curled up on the couch and Zachary has been working on his reading and is doing wonderful!! He is so proud of himself and his pace is really picking up too.

In the meantime I wanted to share some of my favorite resources that I've used with Zachary this year. This is by no means my exhaustive list {because trust me, there are things hidden in so many different corners of my house it's ridiculous}. I suppose you could call these my "go-to's".

Websites
Books/Curriculum
  • Before Five in a Row ~ this is one that I've used occasionally this year to do a few lapbooks with Zachary. You can read a review I wrote on it here and also see a one of the lapbooks we did
  • IttyBitty Bookworm ~ I plan on using this a more with Kaleb next year, but have used it with Zachary this year too. If you aren't sure where to start, the plans are really affordable ($20 to download a month's worth of curriculum). You can see some things we did for the Letter S if you'd like.
  • My ABC Bible Verses - Great book for preschoolers/kindergarten that has a short verse for each letter of the alphabet along with a short devotion to do during the week.
  • Kumon Workbooks - They have a huge variety of booklets to choose from: cutting, shapes, folding, sticking/pasting, tracing, mazes and more. Amazon frequently offers 4 for the price of 3 and then free shipping to boot.
  • Rime to Read - Zachary has really enjoyed these books for beginning reading and I enjoy that they are stored on my computer for later use too! You can read more about it here.

About the Preschool Corner:

The Preschool Corner is a place for us to share the ideas we are using during our "preschool time" with our kids. You can join in the fun and record what you are doing in your house. Please link your exact blog post to the Mr. Linky below (if you have questions feel free to ask). Be sure to link back to this blog post so that your readers can find some other great ideas too!

The guidelines can be found here if you need them.

Share what you've been doing in your house this week!


Photobucket

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • Itty Bitty Bookworm is soo great!

    By Blogger Gidget Girl Reading, At May 5, 2009 at 11:43 AM  

  • Thank you for sharing all this wonderful information.
    I can't wait start running my little tot school!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At May 5, 2009 at 1:16 PM  

  • Hey! I was wondering if you would blog about one of your favorite products? I left a request for a product review for you on my blog. http://mytwohappyhomeschoolers.blogspot.com/2009/05/homeschooling-moms-best-friend.html

    By Blogger Unknown, At May 5, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

  • Jolanthe--The idea is to create a new post, reviewing a product you love--doesn't matter if it is curriculum, an educational toy, a school supply, etc--it just matters that you have been pleased with it. :) When you make the new post, link back to the person who sent the request to you, and then pass the request on to other bloggers who you would like to see blog about a product they love. :)

    Oh, and I tried to email you through your profile, but it said that it wasn't set up right?? Just FYI--not sure it is my computer or your profile that isn't set up right.

    By Blogger Unknown, At May 5, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

  • Thanks so much for sharing!
    http://ayearofbalance.blogspot.com/2009/05/susan-hunt-is-my-new-hero.html

    By Blogger emegren, At May 8, 2009 at 6:38 AM  

  • Hi Jolanthe! Love your blog, and I had a question - you used to have on the right side of the blog the letters of the alphabet to click on to give great craft ideas that start w/ the coinciding letter. We did all the ones you had up through Ff & I can't seem to find rest of the alphabet you had. Did you move them somewhere, or did you just decide you were done posting them? I hope not b/c my creativity is seriously waning!:) Thanks for all you do to help inspire!

    Nikki

    By Blogger Nikki, At December 14, 2009 at 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home