Homeschool Creations

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Homeschooling Through Their Eyes


At Heart of the Matter online Amy posed a question question to her 6 year-old homeschooled son: "Why do you love being homeschooled?".

Just for fun I thought I'd ask our girls the same question. Too fun how their answers give a little glimpse into their personalities.

Laurianna (age 7) - The first thing is, we don't have to get up early to go wait at the bus stop. We get to play outside longer than we would at school and also we get to learn about lots of fun things. I like it because I don't have to sit at a desk, I get to sit at our table. AND Mommy teaches me! The last thing is you get to stay home all the time (unless you're running errands).

The bus stop comment was timely since it was freezing and raining this morning...so she was very grateful to be able to stay indoors!!

McKenna (age 6) - 'Cause I like writing and stuff. I like it better because we have different schoolwork than school does. There's less writing and stuff. And I don't like going to the principal.

This little girl just cracks me up. First she likes writing and then in the next breath she enjoys homeschooling because there is less writing (umm...really not so much, but shhh...). And since she's never been to school, or had to go the principal (other than Daddy), I'm not sure where that last comment came from!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home